Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Oprah and Tom


I must admit I really enjoyed Oprah's Tom Cruise interviews last Friday and Monday.

I was a big TC fan long before I knew he was a Scientologist (and long before he was).


I found Risky Business hysterically funny. But what really made me a Cruiser was Top Gun. I am not usually into action flicks. I'm more a chick flick person. But a friend of mine hounded me for weeks until I rented the video, and it was all over for me. I notice that in most of Tom's movies he starts off with glaring defects in his personality and the way he treats people, and through the course of the film, not only does he entertain and thrill us with the action (and his incredible good looks) but he undergoes a transformation, which makes him a much better person. You see it in Top Gun. It's there again in the Firm, in Jerry McGuire, War of the Worlds, Rainman. At the end, he's a real human being.


I went to see the new Tom Cruise web site, which was launched yesterday and looking through his filmography I noticed I'd seen all but 2 or 3 of him movies. I was amazed! (Nice touch, on his web site, to have the trailers for each of those films right there. I browsed through those too and thoroughly enjoyed myself!)


Now, I am so looking forward to Valkyrie (check out the trailer!)

No comments: